The use of substrate gutter systems for vegetables has become a standard among modern greenhouse growers. The function of gutters isn’t just collection and recycling of drain water. The right gutter in combination with the right substrate can lead to an increase in quality and yield.
JBH steel system
JB Hydroponics has developed a new, innovative and unique steel gutter which can be used for vegetables, cutflowers and softfruit. This gutter is stronger than other types of gutters used today for the same purpose. We have developed a gutter with one large drainchannel in the middle, which is covered with a SSP plate . The drain water is not collected at the outside of the gutter, but on the inside. This creates a gutter with many advantages.
The JBH steel system is a very beautiful and very durable system. Steel systems can be supplied hanging or on steel supports.
- By means of mobile rolling machine gutters are produced at bay length.
- Better hygiene because of clean paths.
- Good air circulation under the crop, therefore smaller chance of botrytis and other diseases.
- Less plant damage.
- Labour reduction because of ideal picking height.
The EPS system is a very durable gutter system for on the ground, made out of polystyrene material. The system is supplied with plastic film and drain tube for good control of drain water.
- Lifespan 5-10 years
- Insulating material makes root temperature control easier
- Much cheaper than steel
- Profiling of ground is not necessary
- Flexible system: substrates and gutter systems change rapidly, adapting the system is relatively cheap
- Materials are recyclable